Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonDon
Reel Rookie

TCL TV Miracast Freezes After a Few Minutes

I bought a TCL Roku TV for my office to cast my laptop screen (windows 10). I can successfully connect to the TV and cast my laptop screen, but the picture freezes after a few minutes (about ten minutes?) When it freezes, I have to shut it down and reconnect. I read in this forum that I may need to buy a Roku stick to bypass the TCL's faulty native connection. Is that true? Or is there a setting that needs tweaked?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL TV Miracast Freezes After a Few Minutes

Hi @DonDon

Thanks for the post.

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes and then plugging the Roku TV back in resolves the issue.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DonDon
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply, Lianna. The screen doesn't go black. Whatever image is being cast to that screen freezes and becomes unresponsive. When I plug a Roku stick into the TV HDMI and cast to that secondary Roku, it works perfectly. The problem appears to be with the TVs built-in Roku.

0 Kudos
DonDon
Reel Rookie

I did unplug for several minutes. It seems to have helped. However, the TV now reboots and disconnects from the screencast at seemingly random intervals. (Previously it would simply freeze, now it reboots, though less frequently.)

0 Kudos