Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r8ch3yy
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV not playing content on Roku Channel

I have a TCL Roku TV, but it won’t play any of the free content on the Roku channel. Why is this? I have removed the channel and then factory reset my tv. I then tried the Roku channel again, but content still won’t play. All of my other channels play content perfectly fine. What do I do to fix this? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV not playing content on Roku Channel

@r8cg3yy

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
r8ch3yy
Reel Rookie

I have done all of those things in that order, and it still didn't work unfortunately. I've even factory reset the Tv and still nothing. What more can I do? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@r8ch3yy

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carmen63

Re: TCL Roku TV not playing content on several subscription Channels.

I had noticed for a while that my tv would always be off.  Now it's gotten to the point that some of the channels won't stay on longer than a minute.  I called Hisense and they said for me to get in touch with you guys.  Any suggestion would be grateful.

Model # 40H4030F1

Serial # 40G210188H12410

Thank You

Carmen Murphy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV not playing content on several subscription Channels.

@Carmen63

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos