Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tedeschman

Re: TCL R635 PS5 1440p VRR pink lines

Jump to solution

Is there a different workaround that allows you to use game mode without disabling those features? Unfortunately i spent a lot of money on this TV and buying another one so soon is not in the cards.

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There are 2 issues with 1440p.

With 120hz on - pink line - you can temporarily resolve this by flipping game mode off and on to reset the connection. After 10-15 times it will eventually not come back until the next time you are back in this mode. The end result is no pink line and you are still using game mode.

With 120hz on and VRR - screen flashing black every few seconds - there is no workaround. Exiting out of game mode is also not possible to get around this, if you are able to exit game mode you're not actually using VRR. The TV locks you out of turning off game mode when VRR is engaged.

Vizzy285

Jump to solution

So have we figure out a workaround? Ps5 red/pink line 

0 Kudos
Sleepwalker77
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No fix. We can hope that it’s a software issue and tcl actually does something to fix it. I’m not optimistic at this point.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sleepwalker77

Thanks for following up. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. As discussed, we are currently aware of the issue. We have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If anyone's TV is still under warranty, make sure to officially lodge a warranty claim with TCL support and get a case number. *this is not legal advice*

if anyone is curious what the law says, google Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

0 Kudos
HectorC48
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

A user on the Avs forums says he got a newer build that fixes this.  Fingers crossed it rolls out quick

FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I went and found that post and folks I really hope it is resolved for y'all with the latest update, the pink line issue and the VRR flashing issue.

I think this should also settle any debate on who handles the software for the TV including bug fixes on operation, its clearly Roku and TCL support is worthless.

0 Kudos
Sleepwalker77
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Would you mind linking it, it sharing the topic title. I would be interested in reading it myself, and the link would save me the time trying to find it.

edit: I’m really looking forward to this update.

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am curious to hear what's been fixed, the pink line, the VRR flashing in 1440p 120hz or all of the above. Hope its all of the above for y'all!

Post #5660

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-2021-tcl-6-series-4k-model-official-owners-thread-no-price-tal...