Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddyx2
Channel Surfer

TCL 6 no sound if headset jack plugged in?

Jump to solution

TCL Series 6 65”

I have a set of wireless headphones where the transmitter is plugged into the headset jack. Works great. Except when the transmitter is plugged in, I get no sound from the speakers. Meaning I will have to unplug and plug back in the headset transmitter each time I want to use it. Can’t I leave the headset jack plugged in but still get sound from speakers? For speakers I am using a soundbar rather than the built in speakers. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: TCL 6 no sound if headset jack plugged in?

Jump to solution

That's the usual behavior on most devices – they assume you want to use the headphones because you don't want to disturb other people.  Some devices have an option to leave the speakers on even when the headphones are plugging in.  Some wireless TV headphones can be connected to other audio outputs that don't have that behavior (of muting the main speakers.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That's the usual behavior on most devices – they assume you want to use the headphones because you don't want to disturb other people.  Some devices have an option to leave the speakers on even when the headphones are plugging in.  Some wireless TV headphones can be connected to other audio outputs that don't have that behavior (of muting the main speakers.)

catdaddyx2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I realized the difference between the TCL and previous Vizio TV. Vizio had composite audio out, which is what the headphone transmitter used. That is why I could keep the headphones plugged in all the time. 
Will have to look into a splitter of some sort if I don’t want to plug and unplug the headphone cable. I’d just use private listening but I has an HDMI cable box in the mix. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That's just not true. I've had 7 TVs that didn't have this problem. I polled 27 different friends about this and not a single one owns a TV that cuts the sound when wireless headphones are plugged in. TCL just dropped the ball on this one.

0 Kudos