Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chalcy

TCL 32" Roku TV will not connect to Internet or update

I have done a factory reset through the tv, reset my router, done a hard reset by holding the reset button for 30+ seconds, tried 3 mobile hotspots, and two different wifi sources. I attempted the manual update via USB 2.0 specifically for my particular TV and the tv will not register there is a flash drive attached to the TV to complete the update. 
When I contacted ROKU support, the agent told me there was something wrong with my WIFI. I have since reached out to my internet provider and they have nothing to show that my internet is not capable of updating a television. When I asked the ROKU agent why the manual update was a .doc file and not a software, they continued to refuse to answer my question. 
Any guidance at all, besides me taking a baseball bat to this obviously "DUMB" tv, would be appreciated. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL 32" Roku TV will not connect to Internet or update

A ".doc" file?  How big is the file?  The last time I downloaded one It was something like 50MB and was a ".bin" file, but I don't remember if I named it that way or if it had some kind of default name/extension.

I have to be honest, I've had it with "smart" TVs.  If you can get it to function as a "dumb" TV, just use it that way and connect a streaming device (Roku or otherwise) to it and be done with it.  My next "TV" will be a monitor if I can't find a good old fashioned "dumb" TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.