Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy75
Channel Surfer

System update loop 2/22/23

Is the system update loop I can’t get past to on my Roku tv have anything to do with the maintenance that’s going to happen tomorrow?
Turned my tv on and no apps would work. Did some trouble shooting with no results. Finally, did a Factory Reset and I’m stuck on the system update loop!!!! Getting very annoyed! Very, very annoyed!

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: System update loop 2/22/23

Hello @Randy75 

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about your concern? Have you tried to restart your Roku TV again when it got stuck on the system update? How about performing another factory reset? Also, a photo of the issue occurring would be a great help as well.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Randy75
Channel Surfer

I started the process of usb system update. Then the tv said it was invalid! Erased the usb drive again and now the updatetv site says my tv model number is invalid! I will try another factory reset but I am pissed! One year old tv and piss poor support site, is it even possible to get a person on the phone!? Remember phones?

0 Kudos
Randy75
Channel Surfer

Still will not system update after another factory reset and considering the tvupdate.Roku site says my model number is now invalid I have no way of downloading a update to a usb! Absolutely ridiculous! 

0 Kudos
Randy75
Channel Surfer

You want a picture? Imagine the tv screen saying it can’t update, over and over and over and over!!!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Randy75 

Do you happen to have the Model numbers of the RokuTV. (look on back on TV).

I tried a factory reset with USB a few days ago and also received the "invalid" file error so not too sure if this method is still viable after the 11.5 OS update. (or if Roku just needs to update the existing update.roku files on their end).

You can try factory resetting again and selecting "No connection", just like you did the first time when using the USB method.  Then perform a System Restart on the RokuTV. (Settings/System/System Restart).  When it reboots, you can try connecting to a mobile hotspot (if available to you), and try to update the RokuTV in that manner.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Randy75 wrote:

Is the system update loop I can’t get past to on my Roku tv have anything to do with the maintenance that’s going to happen tomorrow?
Turned my tv on and no apps would work. Did some trouble shooting with no results. Finally, did a Factory Reset and I’m stuck on the system update loop!!!! Getting very annoyed! Very, very annoyed!

Hey @Randy75 ! We're so sorry to hear of the experience and will work with you and the TV manufacturer to try to help.

To answer your first question, the maintenance from yesterday evening was only for our Smart Home services and wouldn't have impacted your Roku TV. 

First, is there anything plugged into the TV that you can disconnect? Do this before performing another factory reset.

Let us know the manufacturer and model and we'll get a phone number for you to help get this resolved.

Awaiting your update!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Randy75
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the advice. Tried it and still nothing.

0 Kudos
Randy75
Channel Surfer

Thanks for reaching out. Tv brand is Onn and model# is 100012588

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Randy75 wrote:

Thanks for reaching out. Tv brand is Onn and model# is 100012588

@Randy75 That's a great TV and so sorry again to hear of the issue. Give Onn a call here: (844) 334-2355. And please keep me updated with the results!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos