Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan82
Reel Rookie

Subwoofer and surround sound speakers crackling and popping

I have an 80 inch TLC Roku TV with a soundbar, subwoofer and 2 back surround sound speakers. All of them are making that crackling noise. It's getting to the point where it's not even worth having them. Is there a fix for this? Am I just out of luck? I mean this is not cheap equipment. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
mferoli92
Reel Rookie

Subwoofer and surround sound speakers crackling and popping

My mom got me these wireless speakers for my birthday and had been working great. I have a Roku TCL tv. It’s been a month and all of the sudden with deep bass noises the left speaker is rattling. When I shake it I can’t hear anything. I have the model: 9020x. Is this something that is software or needs to be returned?

0 Kudos
JKlein504

Re: Subwoofer and surround sound speakers crackling and popping

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem all morning and it seems hopeless. The Roku support is absolutely abysmal and it always ends with "we'll get this to the right people"  but no solution has come. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users,

Welcome, and thank you for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the audio streaming issues on your Roku device. We will work with you to identify what went wrong so that we can provide further assistance and resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, we need to determine the current software version of your Roku device. To do this, please go to (Roku's home screen > Settings > System > About).

We also recommend following the steps below to see if you can resolve the issue:

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing; however, if it is still unresolved, please reply, and we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mferoli92
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately none of that worked. The software version is 13.0.0. 

It sounds like metal rattling with a bit of “whooshing”. The tv is only turned up to 16-18. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @mferoli92!

We appreciate the attempts to resolve this issue and kindly request more details so we can investigate this issue further. Please provide the following information.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Voli

If you have the ability to return them, do it. I’ve been dealing with this problem since I got them. If you go down the rabbit hole, there’s a lot of speculation on what people think the issues are. The problem is that it’s all speculation. Roku does not care. They’ll just sell you the next product with the next problem.

The surround speakers are absolutely unusable in their current state (and apparently the state they’ve been in for years.) To be frank, they could just add a feature to take the bass out of the surround speakers and there would at least be a workaround. But no. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Voli,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're really sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Roku Audio device, such as crackling and popping sounds. Please share the information requested by @RokuJharra-Q so that we can assist you further. We want to assure you that once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further and help you resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.