Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NICK1NA

Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute

I just did a factory reset on my JVC Roku TV. Now it is stuck on the portion of the initial set up where the screen says “connecting… this may take a minute”. It has been stuck here for days I have tried unplugging, I have tried a reset using the remote by pressing the home button, arrow, and rewind/forward buttons, I have tried resetting the router. Don’t know what else to do other than buy something else and to stay away from Roku products.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute

If you can connect the TV to your phone's hotspot, try that just to get through the initial setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rickster3
Channel Surfer

Spoiler

I have the exact same issue. Nothing makes the "Connecting…this might take a minute" go away! It is so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rickster3,

Thanks for posting the issue on your device here in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Are you receiving an error code or message when connecting to the WiFi network? Also, have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router broadcasts a 2.4GHz WiFi network for the device to connect.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rickster3
Channel Surfer

It won't let me do anything. It is stuck in this position. No reboot, no modem reset, nothing takes it off of this screen. I have tried everything suggested and posted. IMG-0317.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rickster3,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Can you unplug your Roku device from the power source for 60 seconds and plug it back in? In addition, please elaborate on the specific troubleshooting steps you tried to reproduce the issue.

Please keep us posted if there's any difference this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rickster3
Channel Surfer

I have left the TV unplugged for hours, nothing changed.

I have also:

• rebooted the router
  • rebooted the TV w/the remote
  • tried having it pick up my phone hotspot

Anything and everything I have found online and the problem persists. It just keeps spinning and never goes away. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rickster3,

We appreciate you for keeping us updated in the Roku Community!

May we know how far your Roku device is from your router? How many devices are connected to your network connection?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rickster3
Channel Surfer

It is not far from the router, one floor above.

There is only currently a laptop and phone on that device. I have Bell Fiber and have never had an issue anywhere in the house. 

It was working the same spot 3 days ago, but has been frozen ever since. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rickster3,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

Are you trying to connect your Roku TV to the Roku mobile app? If so, please try to restart your smart phone or device that has the Roku mobile app for it to stop trying to connect to your Roku TV. You can also turn off the Wi-Fi connection on your smart phone or device for it to stop interfering with the connection. If not, please power cycle your Roku TV (not with a remote) by unplugging it from the wall outlet for a minute and plugging it back in right after. Rebooting your Roku TV can help refresh the system, clear temporary files, and improve overall performance.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos