Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrustratedinFl
Channel Surfer

Streambar volume and clarity fluctuates

Purchased the Streambar to connect to my 50” Roku TV…installation went well but from the very start I noticed the speech becomes muffled and quieter and then about 30 seconds later it gets clear and louder and this continues throughout the program.  I notice it most during news broadcasts and it is very annoying.  I also don’t feel the sound from the Streambar is a noticeable improvement from just the TV.  Streambar is connected to the ARC port and positioned correctly towards the front of the TV stand.  Tried to contact Support to request a return or replacement but received an error message that it did not go through.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar volume and clarity fluctuates

@FrustratedinFl

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue contacting our Support team, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robspace1
Reel Rookie

Danny, I'm having the exact same problem with my new Streambar. Mine is runñing through the digital audio cable. I never had any problem with my Roku plus but the audio with this Streambar is driving me crazy. I have tried all the known ways to fix this up/down fluctuating volume issue. I tried all the volume setting with and without leveling. No change. Did the update, system reboot, unplugged and replugged unit. No change. Replaced the digital audio cable and finally last night did the nuke option. Did a complete system reset to factory! All that and no change. The volume gets real quiet on its own then goes back up by itself. This unit is about 3 months old. Please help. What do I try next? Thanks, Robert

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Robspace1,

Thanks for following up.

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
cnsdave

I have a one year old Streambar Pro unit with audio quality issues. While watching NetFlix/Prime/Plex/Disney+ movies the audio volume will drop about two units for a few seconds and then return to normal volume. Usually I increase the volume using the remote and when it restores volume it is louder than I intended. any recommendations?

0 Kudos
FrustratedinFl
Channel Surfer

I also had the exact same issues and finally returned it for a replacement which has only been installed for a few days now and seems to still have those fluctuations in volume and clarity.  So I think you have to decide if you are better off with or without it.  For me, so far, the sound and picture are so greatly enhanced that I’m willing to put up with it, unless it becomes so frequent and disruptive.  Often it will happen at the beginning of a program, especially news shows but then seems to resolve somewhat for the balance of the program or movie.  I wish Roku had made sure this product was problem free before releasing it into our homes.  Lesson learned…don’t buy any newly released products until you are sure the bugs are worked out…kinda like new model cars and phones.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cnsdave

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for. 

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbgreen
Channel Surfer

I encountered similar issues "sound fluctuates up & down and sound sync issues" with 2 seperate roku devices (1) Roku soundbar 9102x (2) roku model 4670x. I started a chat session with Roku today and was told the issue would be escalated to another group and I could expect a call back. Unfortunately no one from Roku called me back.

When thinking about the ussue I realized the sound issue only happens within the Xfinity app. I have never experienced the issue in any other app such as Netflix, HBO or Prime to name a few. I exited all apps, returned to Home, high-lighted the Xfinity stream app and selected the * key on the remote. I noted the version: 6.9 build 0. I choose "check for updates" No updates found. I then choose "Remove channel". After doing so I exited all apps, choose Roku "Store", searched for the Xfinity stream app and reinstalled the app. Doing so I had to reauthorization the TV device. After doing so I have not encountered any sound fluctuation issues within the Xfinity app in the past 8 hours. I'm hoping removing and reinstalling the app corrects the sound fluctuation issues I have been encountering since mid-November. I believe the issue encountered started after a Roku update in mid-November.

-Brian

0 Kudos
jbgreen
Channel Surfer

Update to my post on 1/6/23...I posted what I believed to resolve the sound fluctuation problem I'd been encountering by removing and reinstalling the Xfinity streaming app. After approximately 12 hours the issue has resurfaced. Roku please help!!!

-Brian

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jbgreen

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before adding it back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos