UlisesAR
Channel Surfer

Streambar subwoofer help required

Jump to solution

Hi!

Wondering if you managed to solved the issue with UK's Roku. 

I'm experiencing the same with a Roku Streambar in Mexico. 

Thanks!! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar subwoofer help required

Jump to solution

@UlisesAR
Thanks for the post.

For clarification, Roku does not sell the Roku Subwoofer in your region, therefore the device is not currently supported in that region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @UlisesAR,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? In addition, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
UlisesAR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F

I have a Roku Stream Bar. When I press the HOME Button in my controller for 5 seconds I don't see the "Subwoofer" option anywhere so I can't pair my newly bought Roku Subwooker with my Roku Streambar. My Roku Streambar is from Mexico and I don't see anywhere in your documentation that the Subwoofer is not supported in certain regions.

Please, let me know what more else is needed to solve this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Donsfan1903
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi there I managed to get this working in the UK.. BUT.. in the end I returned the streambar to Amazon.co.uk and bought one from Amazon.com when it arrived I plugged in the American one and the sub woofer connected ,I also purchased 1 pair of surround speakers from a company on eBay (US Based) but when the package arrived they had  sent 2 pairs so I scored there 😂😂 so now I have an American streambar ,American sub woofer,and 2 pairs of American surround sound speakers working in the UK .By the looks of things only American streambars have the capability to use the extra speakers 

UlisesAR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback @Donsfan1903 

I was wondering... Did you managed to make it work with the UK one at some point? Or the only solution was to buy everything from US.

I ask because I can return the Subwoofer to Amazon but not the Streambar (I just bought the Subwoofer and not the Streambar)

0 Kudos
Donsfan1903
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah only way was to get everything from the US … 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@UlisesAR

Thanks for the inquiry.

For clarification, where did you purchase the Roku Streambar and the Roku Subwoofer, and where are you currently located? It's possible that those Roku devices aren't supported in the region you are trying to use those devices.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UlisesAR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuDanny-R 

My Roku Streambar was bought in Mexico through amazon.com.mx and the Roku Subwoofer was bought also from amazon.com.mx but it was imported.

Can you point me where in Roku's documentation mentions that there are Roku Streambars not compatible? It only says that Roku Subwoofer IS compatible with Roku Streambar and for that reason, I bought the Subwoofer.

Currently I'm located in Mexico City.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@UlisesAR
Thanks for the post.

For clarification, Roku does not sell the Roku Subwoofer in your region, therefore the device is not currently supported in that region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UlisesAR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Amazon Mexico sells the Roku Subwoofer. As a consumer I don't know from where it is shipped. Also, in your product documentation there isn't any warning about support restrictions like region locks. It is a big omission in the documentation.

Hopefully this post helps other people to avoid same mistake.

0 Kudos