Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcooper367
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar Roku Recovery Mode (Bricked?)

I just experienced the same identical problem on a stream I’ve had for about 3 years (but not used often).  Get to Recovery Mode but remote doesn’t function— no way to advance.   Have you figured anything out?

0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Nope. I was thinking about getting a USB to RJ45 adapter and plugging it into my router, but I don't know if it would work.(just to see if it might finish the update)

I just get an okee dokee from this place.

0 Kudos
Bcooper367
Reel Rookie

Yeah.  I really like the streambar device, but I think it's a lower volume product for Roku.  When searching for "recovery mode," I see mostly Roku TVs.  I have a theory that this is functionality -- which on the TV you could use TV buttons with no remote.  Not an option for this device.  I think we're bricked-- unless Roku has "bench SW" to access via the USB that they use internally.

0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bcooper367

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community! 

We understand that you're having trouble with the recovery mode of your Roku Streambar.

If you've tried performing the factory reset and your Roku Streambar is not functioning, we would be more than happy to look into this. Can you please provide the serial number or device ID on your Roku device? Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to our Support team, who can assist you moving forward.

We're looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bcooper367
Reel Rookie

Not sure what you can do.  The other poster on this thread has the same problem and no solution.  

This is the Roku Streambar model 9102x.

S/N: 2A1175070152

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Bcooper367

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bcooper367
Reel Rookie

As with others on this post, not a peep from Roku support.

0 Kudos
Stormtrooper53
Reel Rookie

The same thing happened to mine. It's stuck in recovery mode. I tried all of the recommended fixes from hard resets to unplugging to entering the Konami code on the remote. I contacted Roku via Twitter and they asked me to direct message them, which I did, shared my serial number etc. followed all the recommended steps, they said they could not help me and directed me to call their support team at 816-272-8106. Which I did. The recorded message said that phone support was for setting up new devices ONLY but I stuck it out and spoke to someone who had me follow all the same steps I already did twice before. They told me there's nothing they can do and my device is now out of warranty (since it's barely 2 years old) so basically I'm sitting on a $120 brick. Between that and multiple streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Max constantly crashing on my Roku TV, I'm not real pleased with their products. 

0 Kudos