Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streambar Pro audio drops out only on hdmi sources

Ok I’m finally posti my about an issue that has been driving me nuts for months now. I have a TCL 55R635 TV that I purchased a Roku Streambar Pro, Roku wireless speakers and subwoofer for to set up the surround sound system. I have the Streambar Pro hooked up to the earc port on HDMI4 on the tv, and all audio settings set to auto.  This setup worked well for about 7 months, and then around March I started getting consistent audio drops every 3 minutes or so, lasting for about a second at a time. This appears to only happen on devices hooked up to other hdmi ports, such as my Apple TV, Xbox, and PS5. Does not happen on the Roku native apps on the tv. I have tried every possible combination of HDMI cords, ports, and audio settings and absolutely cannot figure out a solution that works. Any help would be appreciated

Edit: I should note I'm fairly positive the problem lies with the streambar, as ive tried another soundbar on the same HDMI port and cord and had no issue whatsoever.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro audio drops out only on hdmi sources

@albedos_shadow

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku Streambar to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

If you are still seeing the issue persist, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the exact issue.

Streambar Pro YL009F728842

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hillbilly_Music

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos