Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
namnoossab
Reel Rookie

Soundbar keeps making me setup wireless

Anytime I try to go to a streaming app or even hitting * (Options) button from the Home Screen, I’m asked to setup my wireless connection. I don’t have issues actually streaming, but this just started happening. I’ve tried restarting the Soundbar, rebooting my router/modem, and a factory reset. Still happening!  

Can anyone help????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Soundbar keeps making me setup wireless

Hi @namnoossab,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community.

We understand that you're having a problem regarding your soundbar. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Have you tried to check your connection on settings? If you haven't already, please navigate to the home menu, click on settings, select the network, and check your connection.

Did you see any error message when you try to go on a streaming app?

Please keep us posted; we will be happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks, 

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
namnoossab
Reel Rookie

Re: Soundbar keeps making me setup wireless

Thank you for your offer of help. After purchasing a new soundbar, I have determined it’s my internet. I live in an apartment complex with “community” internet that doesn’t allow for self management of the router/modem. It must be an issue with the connection within the complex. 

Sadly, this has caused my wireless speakers to not be able to establish a connection to the soundbar. Internet connection is lost before the Bluetooth connection can be made. 

0 Kudos