Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstreng

Sound Cutting Out with Roku Streambar Pro on PS5

I'm having audio issues with my Streambar Pro. My setup is the Roku Streambar Pro with the Roku wireless speakers on a TCL Roku TV. The audio is excellent for watching any sort of show, movie, or streaming app. However, when I play video games on a Playstation 5, the audio will cut out for about a second or two every few minutes. I tried a software update and restarting the Streambar Pro, but no luck. Is there a way to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound Cutting Out with Roku Streambar Pro on PS5

Hi @jstreng

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are experiencing sound cutting out with your Roku Streambar Pro when connected to your PS5, here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the issue:

• Check the audio settings on your PS5: Make sure that the audio output settings on your PS5 are set to HDMI or optical, depending on how you have connected your Roku Streambar Pro.
  • Check the audio settings on your Roku Streambar Pro: Make sure that the audio settings on your Roku Streambar Pro are set to the correct audio output option, such as HDMI or optical.
  • Check the HDMI or optical cable: Make sure that the HDMI or optical cable is securely plugged in and not damaged. Try using a different cable to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Restart your Roku Streambar Pro: Unplug your Roku Streambar Pro from the power source, wait for about 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. Wait for the device to restart and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Check for firmware updates: Make sure that your Roku Streambar Pro is running the latest firmware version. You can check for updates by going to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" on the Roku home screen.
  • Try using a different HDMI or optical port: If your TV has multiple HDMI or optical ports, try connecting your Roku Streambar Pro to a different port and see if the issue is resolved.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with sound cutting out with your Roku Streambar Pro when connected to your PS5.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos