Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharhea

Software update not working

Jump to solution

I’ve been working on this tv for 3 days now. I would be so happy if someone has the answer. So the tv won’t update. It recognizes the wifi network but gives the 003 error when trying to update. This is after a factory reset. I attempted to install an update via usb. Formatted to fat32 and loaded the update on the usb stick. The Roku support page says I should have a code to input but the tv is giving me an error saying that I’m trying to download an old version of the software and downgrading is not allowed. Has anyone had this issue? How did you fix it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update not working

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @sharhea!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to help you update the software operating system of your Roku TV successfully.

Please be informed that Error code 003 means that you have an unstable network connection. Even with a strong internet connection, speed or signal strength fluctuations can cause delays or errors like this. We also need to consider how many devices are connected.

When updating your running software operating system, your Roku device must be connected to a solid, stable network. This support article can help you improve the Wi-Fi in your Roku streaming device

This support article might also help you how to fix Roku streaming device update problems

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update not working

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @sharhea!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to help you update the software operating system of your Roku TV successfully.

Please be informed that Error code 003 means that you have an unstable network connection. Even with a strong internet connection, speed or signal strength fluctuations can cause delays or errors like this. We also need to consider how many devices are connected.

When updating your running software operating system, your Roku device must be connected to a solid, stable network. This support article can help you improve the Wi-Fi in your Roku streaming device

This support article might also help you how to fix Roku streaming device update problems

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.