Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRAKOW13

Software not updating 003

So I have a brand new Hisense Roku TV I got it I stay in extended stay hotel mind you everybody else has the same TV and they're able to connect to the internet and they're able to do a software update and my TV did it too then it disconnected now it keeps getting me a software update error 003 I have done everything possible I have done a factory reset I've done a hard reset I've unplugged it I connected to a different internet I have unconnected the modem I've moved the TV I've done everything the TV Works absolutely fine I can watch cable TV on it and everything but that's not the perfect guy so it worked for about a week and I tried to do it didn't want to call anybody so I did everything on my own to try to figure it out before I called but nothing worked so first this morning I'm off today so I called the TV company I was on the phone with them for 2 hours they're telling me it's not their TV works fine that it's a software update for Roku that I need to contact them so I contact them through a live chat and I'm on the live chat with a man for 45 minutes and he told me to do the same exact things that I've already done but I did them again thinking maybe I miss the step or something no still not working then he tells me to contact the TV people and I said no no no I already contacted them they said I need to contact you then he says contact the internet provider and I said no no no my internet is excellent I have excellent signal even on my phone and I've already done the modem I'm actually the room right next to where all the internet stuff is at so I should have the best internet by far out of all the rooms in this place so then he says well let me connect you with somebody that can help you then this guy gets on he tells me to do the same things that I've already done saying things that the other guy told me to do and it still doesn't work I'm very frustrated because I feel like that's why you come to work to learn how to troubleshoot my TV and fix it for me I pay hundreds of dollars to get a TV that worked fine before and still works fine but he just won't update and everybody just wants to keep pushing me off to somebody else instead of actually helping me fix it and that really makes me upset like I guess I'm going to have to go and return the TV and get a new TV but I will not be buying a review and I definitely won't be buying roku and won't buy a hisense because if anything ever goes wrong on another TV of mine they don't know how to fix it and they tell me to call the next person or the next person so I'm very frustrated and very disgusted that nobody could help me I understand not everybody knows everything but why do you keep pushing me off to somebody else to a different company and I'm telling you I've already done all this stuff somebody's got to figure it out and and compensate me for this cuz this is not cool so please if anybody else has had this issue and really really knows how to fix it please comment back and let me know before I go crazy or before I go and return it please and thank you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.