Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmeIII

Re: Sleep timer on tv doesn’t turn off speaker

Jump to solution

Hi all.  We were having the same issue with the Roku soundbar and a Sony TV.  Tried different settings on Roku and the TV.  I did a hard restart on the TV (for Sony, hold the tv remote power button until it asks to restart) and the Roku (in the settings).  It works again!! It was frustrating waking up with the soundbar still playing.  Never had an issue until the last couple of weeks.  

0 Kudos
mfamilian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue as MKM89 with the same answers they have provided in previous messages. I have tried a hard reset of my samsung and the 5 steps provided by another user, among other solutions. NOTHING is working. This issue popped out of nowhere. Can you PLEASE help ASAP? This is a huge issue for us.

mfamilian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I solved it. I did a hard reset of the Roku and it was saying that it was having trouble connecting properly with ARC HDMI. I unplug all the hdmi cords, did a hard reset of the tv and it worked!

0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried all of that and sadly, it didn't solve it for me. 

0 Kudos
Sharoo

Jump to solution

Hi, up until a few days ago I could turn my TV off but still listen to my program with my headphones plugged into my remote. Now it shuts off in a few minutes. I have to turn the tv back on reselect my show and then turn it off again and hope that I fall back to sleep before the sound goes off. 
how can I turn this feature back on? It sounds like the opposite problem that everyone else is having 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharoo,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for posting and you mentioned that you want to know how to enable the feature where you can keep listening to your Roku device while your screen is off. I will do my best to provide information to your question.

First, can I ask what is the Roku model you are using? Are you using a Roku TV?

If you have a Roku TV, we recommend enabling Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below: 

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV Start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start', and check the box to enable it

However, If you have a compatible Roku device and listen to audio streamed from a Bluetooth device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer when the TV screen is off. you can simply power off your television using your TV remote and Bluetooth audio will continue playing. You can also begin playing Bluetooth audio on your smartphone, tablet, or computer when the TV screen is already off. Just make sure to connect your Bluetooth device to your Streambar or soundbar before you begin. 

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

For more information about how to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device days, visit our Support page here: How to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device | Official Roku Support

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful: How to listen to music when the screen on your Roku TV is off | Official Roku Support

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brisingra

Jump to solution

I was having this issue and found that on my TV cec (anynet) was on.

Inside the cec sub menu though, the option auto off for connected devices was off by default

Toggling this to on solved it for me hope this helps someone as I didn't realise thier were more options for cec then just it being on or off

This may be useful for both those who want it to turn off with the TV and those who want it to stay on when the TV goes off

0 Kudos
Wmgoat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue when using the Visio tv sleep timer however my sound bar is connected to the tv using a hdmi cable for the Roku and an audio optical cable because tv doesn’t have arc capability. 

I was actually surprised that the sound bar provided the Roku as prior to adding a Roku sound bar I used a Roku streaming stick +. I have since removed the stick in favor of the Roku service from the sound bar. 

0 Kudos
WillyJ232

Jump to solution

Hi, I had the same issue with my Samsung (sound from Streambar stayed on after sleep timer shut TV off). On Samsung remote go to menu, on left side scroll down to gears icon, use right arrow to go right to content then scroll down to Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Press center button to choose this and check that Anynet is set to “on” and that Auto turn off is also set to “on”. Then back out of menu and issue is fixed! My Anynet was on but auto turn off was off and that was the problem.

0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, my Samsung TV doesn't have the Auto Off setting.  It only has an Auto Power Off which, when it's set 'on,' shuts the TV off after 4 hours of inactivity.

0 Kudos