Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sun8enisu
Binge Watcher

Re: Sharp/Hisense Roku TV stuck on logo

@jonc : you might be right. But how can this happen to different brands at once? I see people facing the same issue with Hisense, me with sharp and someone with TCL. I don't think everyone's tv broke because of a led strip right? 

0 Kudos
jonc
Reel Rookie

Well I know that my Sharp Television has a Hisense Board in it. I think you’ll find that most of the hardware components are made by the same company with a different shell. 

0 Kudos
sun8enisu
Binge Watcher

@jonc : can you share the link from where you purchased the led strip.. I had also tried changing the main board, but that didn't fix the issue. So I will try fixing the LED strip and see if that works.. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
jonc
Reel Rookie

You should test the LED strips using 9V batteries before you purchase one. Look that process up on YouTube. I didn’t purchase one. I bypassed the one that didn’t work to see if it fixed the issue and it did. I didn’t purchase the LED strip because I broke the display in the process of getting to the LED strips. 

0 Kudos
Angiee7j

The same exact thing has happen to my television. I emailed sharp they say it isn't in their field to assist me. I called Hisense and they said it's a ROKU issue with the firmware. I find it so funny how they provided you with a firmware and they said they had nothing to give to me! They just blamed everything on ROKU and to top all off. There isn't no contact number for ROKU, how is this fair to us? We spend so much money on a TV that hasn't even pass two years and was barely used. I would never ever buy another Sharp/Hisense tv ever again. I have told so many people as well to not even waste their money. 

0 Kudos
MyssFit
Channel Surfer

Update on my issue: 

I made enough of a ruckus on the internet to have a Rep from Roku call me. He gave me the firmware file.. and the instructions from the website… 

My TV wouldn’t recognize the file. I had it on a 1GB usb stick. Formatted properly. But the instructions say when it starts up use the menu to go through things… we’ll my tv never even got that far… which was the whole issue to begin with! 

So I was sent back to Sharp… for a hardware issue… possible bad board… who in turn tried to send me back to Roku… yet again… 

This whole thing is frustrating… Why the **bleep** isn’t there a line to get a rep from BOTH sides at once instead of this whole ping pong scenario that only serves to frustrate people even more… 

so I just said **bleep** it, threw the tv in the trash n got a new one… 

0 Kudos
AMiQueen
Reel Rookie

Can you dm me the roku rep number please!

Kelly2832

Mine is doing the same thing, I called the vendors and they all pointed fingers at each other.  I bought a replacement but hoping there is a fix soon that I can apply to this tv.  It’s only two years old.  These companies want you to just replace it so they make more money.  I’m sure someone knows the true problem but they don’t want to fix or let anyone know.  

0 Kudos
dmark67
Reel Rookie

I unplugged and plugged mine back in about 10 times as fast as I could and it started.  I am afraid to shut it off now.

0 Kudos
Bubbles22
Reel Rookie

Sharp Roku 

Model # LC-58Q733OU

S/N: 58G183985H02565

58A6130UWR(0112)

G183985

Having the same problem as everyone else here.

0 Kudos