Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tani92163

Screen reader won't turn off when I change language to English on HBO Max

I have followed your directions I changed everything in the Roku settings I changed everything in the HBO settings I even tried the three little lines at the bottom right hand side of the screen The reader will not turn off when using the English translation feature Even though it says it's off.  The program I'm watching is 30 coins.  It's very annoying.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen reader won't turn off when I change language to English on HBO Max

@Tani92163, if there's a voice describing the action in a video then it has nothing to do with the screen reader.  Try setting the audio track to something different either within the HBO settings or by pressing * on your Roku remote while the video is playing and going into the "Accessibility & language" settings.  Note that there may be two English audio tracks - one with description and one without.  If there's only one English track and it contains a description, then it's an HBO issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.