Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeclark001
Channel Surfer

Strange HDMI Issue on Onn TV

Got a new Onn 70" and just started to set up my ps5 when I ran into a strange problem. At first, I would get a black screen but got sound. Tried some of the various power cycling and cache reboot suggestions I've seen before. Eventually, I figured out that if I go into settings and selected compatibility mode instead of standard or auto for that connection then I could see an image. However, at this point, I do not have HDR support at all (my ps5 even says TV doesn't support it but I know it does). I can get 1080p on standard/auto and standard 4k but not full 4k HDR support. I can get 4k HDR on apps. I switched ports and still have the same issue. I have a ps4 that I tested and it got the same problem when standard/auto was on but not when compatibility was on. Even tried an Xbox 360 but it worked with no issues at all. I have contacted Onn Support and am waiting for a reply but thought I would try my luck here as well. 

Thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Strange HDMI Issue on Onn TV

@jeclark001

Thanks for the post.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is an ONN Roku TV, we suggest continuing to work with them as they are the best one to assist you moving forward. You can contact them here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2
1-844-334-2355

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Dariel2714

Algo similar me pasa cm onn de 65 pulgada

0 Kudos

If you're experiencing a strange HDMI issue with your Onn TV, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to identify and potentially resolve the problem. Here's a step-by-step guide: Check HDMI Connections: Ensure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the TV and the source device (e.g., a computer, gaming console, or set-top box). Try using a different HDMI cable to rule out a cable issue. Verify Input Source: Make sure that the TV is set to the correct HDMI input source. Use the TV remote to navigate to the input/source menu and select the appropriate HDMI port. Power Cycle Devices: Turn off both the TV and the connected device. Unplug the power cables from both the TV and the device. Wait for a minute, then plug in the power cables and turn on the TV and device. Update Firmware/Software: Check if there are any available firmware or software updates for your Onn TV. Manufacturers often release updates to address bugs and improve compatibility. Try a Different HDMI Port: If your TV has multiple HDMI ports, try connecting the device to a different port to see if the issue persists. Test with Another Device: Connect the HDMI cable to a different device (e.g., a DVD player or another computer) to see if the problem is specific to the original device. Check Device Resolution Settings: Ensure that the resolution settings on your source device are compatible with the TV. If the device is set to an unsupported resolution, it may not display properly. Factory Reset: If the issue persists, you may consider performing a factory reset on the TV. Note that this will erase any custom settings, so make sure to back up any important configurations. Contact Onn Support: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's recommended to contact Onn customer support for assistance. They may provide specific guidance or recommend additional troubleshooting steps. Consider Professional Help: If the TV is still under warranty, and the issue persists, consider seeking assistance from a professional technician or the place of purchase. Remember to consult the user manual for your specific Onn TV model, as it may contain additional troubleshooting steps or model-specific information. If you provide more details about the nature of the issue, I may be able to offer more targeted advice.

0 Kudos