jjne

Running streambar with TV switched off

Jump to solution

Is it possible to switch off the TV and leave the streambar running?

I might want to listen to music with it in the background, and it seems a waste to have to run the TV while the streambar is doing this once I've set off, for example Tidal or BBC Sounds etc on a continuous audio stream. 

As soon as I switch off the TV, the Roku detects this and halts the sound. This also happens when pressing home with an audio stream running - I'm guessing the Roku does not multitask in the way the Amazon or Google competitors do.

Is there a way around this? 

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Running streambar with TV switched off

Jump to solution

Hi @jjne,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your concern and that was a great question. We understand that you are inquiring about a feature that allows you to listen to music while your screen is off. We will do our level best to assist you with this.

If you have a Roku TV connected to your Roku Streambar, you can enable the Roku feature "Fast TV Start" which lets you wake your TV and perform various actions using voice commands.

If you have Fast TV Start enabled, you can use your voice remote to commandly start listening to music, podcasts, or live radio while your Roku TV's screen is off.

To learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains How to listen to music when the screen on your Roku TV is off | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Running streambar with TV switched off

Jump to solution

Hi @jjne,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your concern and that was a great question. We understand that you are inquiring about a feature that allows you to listen to music while your screen is off. We will do our level best to assist you with this.

If you have a Roku TV connected to your Roku Streambar, you can enable the Roku feature "Fast TV Start" which lets you wake your TV and perform various actions using voice commands.

If you have Fast TV Start enabled, you can use your voice remote to commandly start listening to music, podcasts, or live radio while your Roku TV's screen is off.

To learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains How to listen to music when the screen on your Roku TV is off | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.