Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenH
Reel Rookie

Rokutv screen going black with sound

Ok, so I have a RokuTv and when I select certain movies or TV shows, the screen goes black but I can still hear the sound. I can then press the power button on the remote to turn it off and turn it back on, and I can select a different show and it will work. It’s pretty much everything on Prime Video, and now it’s a lot of newer programs on Hulu and Netflix. But, then when I select other programs they work. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Bumpkin_37
Reel Rookie

Re: Rokutv screen going black with sound

I have the same problem with those 2 channels and a few more it's always a guess if I can see my show completely nothing like paying for a channels you can't see and I had to do a full reformat thinking it help my problems as well nope 

0 Kudos
LorenH
Reel Rookie

So, I actually figured it out. I had to get a separate Roku for the rokutv. Now everything is working, just for some reason it was hit or miss with the internal Roku system on the roku tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LorenH @Bumpkin_37

Thanks for the post.

Community users that have reported this issue were able to resolve the issue by unplugging their TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging the TV back in. Have you tried this troubleshooting step?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.