Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nisstyre

Roku tv streaming settings

I have a TCL - 50” Class 4 Series 4K UHD Smart Roku TV and am wondering what it streams at. Reason is my new USP has data caps and if it is downloading at 4k I would need to change that. I can change the settings on a Roku stick but TVs don't have that setting.

Since it's a 4k tv does it default to 4k downloads? Am I going to have to add a Roku stick and use that instead of the built in tool?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv streaming settings

I don't think there's anything on the TV that you can change.  Some providers have a setting on their website where you can set the quality, but I don't know which ones or how prevalent it is.  Most content isn't even available in 4k, so it really depends on what you're streaming, but I'd guess if 4k is available then that's what you're going to get unless the channel/app gives an option to change it.  Adding another device would probably give you the best control.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos