Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tv screen goes black

Steps... Do not work... voice command comes on but there is no visual. Repeating the steps do not work as well. This seems to be a defect. I have already had this fixed by a(n) professional tv repair facility. It is the playoffs and a really bad time for this to happen AGAIN.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv screen goes black

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @The_TvIssue.

We regret to hear about the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we first know if there are any external devices plugged into your TCL Roku TV? Also, what specific troubleshooting methods have you tried to resolve this? We humbly ask for the specifics so we can provide you with a further accurate resolution. 

Additionally, does this happen to a specific channel?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo555
Reel Rookie

I have nothing else plugged into TV.  I’ve also unplugged for 60 seconds still no luck 

0 Kudos
Jo555
Reel Rookie

Tv screen is black 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jo555, if you shine a bright light on the screen can you see a picture?  If so, I hope it's still under warranty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.