Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eakhd

Roku tv private listening audio keeps disconnecting

So I’ve had this TCL Roku tv for a while and every time I’ve tried to use the private listening on my earphones through the app it always disconnects and starts playing on the speakers after like 10 minutes.

To fix it I have to close the app, turn my WiFi off and back on, and open the app again then it may or may not reconnect. I’ve read to try disconnecting the WiFi on my tv, did that and it’s still doing it. Tried deleting and redownloading the app, still doing it. Is my WiFi just **bleep** even though it’s always full bars? I don’t know what else it could be.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv private listening audio keeps disconnecting

Hi @eakhd

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you when using the private listening feature on the Roku mobile app. Also, we appreciate the steps you took to fix the issue.

We'd like to learn more about this issue but need more details. Refer to these questions to better identify the problem you're experiencing:

• When did you notice the issue occur?
  • Does the issue occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Are you using an iOS or an Android device?
  • Have you tried turning off notifications and battery optimization for the Roku mobile app?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.