Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tv overheating message but the tv is not hot

I just bought a 65” Roku onn tv I haven’t had it for more than a day and I keep getting a message it is over heating i unplugged it multiple times and the same message shows up, it is not hot to the touch, I was watching Disney plus when it happened the later on I started watching YouTube tv and it worked fine, I switched to Amazon prime and it showed again went back to YouTube tv and worked fine is it different apps doing this, how can I fix this 

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku tv overheating message but the tv is not hot

Hi @Kimharsson9357

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mikensheliab
Reel Rookie

If your Roku is on auto detect of your tv display capability it will pick the better 4K HDR display. That’s when overheating started for me . I had to back down to 1080p and the overheating stopped. Definitely a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Slcollin

I just purchased the 50" 4k TV today and constantly got the overheating message for the first 3 hours, noticed the settings were on the BRIGHTER setting, turned it to NORMAL and haven't got it since!

0 Kudos