Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
becky1978

Re: Roku tv not finding antenna channel

My tv was working fine also at first ..when I hooked up the antenna it did have a slight problem finding channels but then it did find them and worked ok..now going on second week of no channels found to "x" many channels found but not show anything on screen when you put on the channel. 

0 Kudos
gjbk

every time i choose a tv antenna channel the tv freezes and resets? 

it was  working 2 weeks ago?  is this an upgrade bug something?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gjbk

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried setting up the antenna input again? 

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Danmc888

What a typical non-answer. "Have you tried turning it off and then on again?"

Have you read the thread? There is a software and/or hardware problem on Roku's end. Come back when you have a real solution. 

jackalope
Binge Watcher

First, doing a reset to get the channels back is not a fix. It's a workaround. The problem will just happen again. This need to be addressed.

As for my issue, it just started tonight on my RokuTV. I noticed 3 of my 4 local channels were missing, completely. Nothing brought them back, not even the rescan.

However, I found that if I went into the Manage Channels menu, Add to Favorites, and navigated to one of the missing channels, it would display the channel on the screen. I could leave it there and watch the channel just fine, after the menu dropped off. So it is not an antenna issue, the tv is obviously getting a good signal.

I will look for a software update tomorrow, but this is a new tv. Does Roku really want me to return it?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jackalope

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue futher.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jvargas

Hi I am also having the same issue with my ONN ROKU TV. My antena is connected right and powered. But when it’s time to scan for channels it says there isn’t any. This is very frustrating because what good is a tv if I can’t even watch my local news? 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Josiah1, does the scan go really fast as if it's not really doing anything?  I had to factory reset my TCL Roku TV to get it to actually scan.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Branden93

Omg so I went to my channel list and it said no availble channels click * for options and so I clicked it and it said favorite channels I think. And so I had to clicked manage all channels instead of apperently being in in the favorite channel list which showed no tv channels. Hopefully this helps someone. @ me if you need any better instructions. 

0 Kudos
ab13
Channel Surfer

Hi just check set which is a 65s431 now with the new 11.0.0 software it has it there.

0 Kudos