Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walter44

Roku turns off tv upon powering up

I’ve been having an issue when I turn on my TV with my Roku remote. The TV starts up normally, but then after a couple seconds of being on the Home Screen for the Roku, it powers my TV off.

When I turn it on again, it doesn’t have the recurring issue. This only happens after my TV has been turned off for a prolonged period of time. Does anyone have any quick fixes for this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku turns off tv upon powering up

Hi, @walter44,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem powering your TV. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify brand of TV) How are you powering your Roku device? With more details, we'll be able to assist you further. In the meantime, please ensure that you are powering your Roku device directly to the wall outlet and not at the back of the TV (if it's not a Roku TV) or to a power strip. You can also try restarting the system by pressing Home > Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos