Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku speakers an making cracking and popping sounds

Hello, I have also been encountering the issue.  It doesn't matter where I stream from, I get the annoying popping on the wireless speakers.  Multiple resets has not resolved the issue.  I am ready to just put my receiver and speakers back in.  I wanted this as a cleaner, simpler solution but it is just unusable like this.  This has been an issue for 8 months now and no fix?  Will definitely recommend against friends purchasing this product going forward.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @coderroggie@mjpeterson29,

Thank you for the updates,

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku Speakers and want to let you know that this is not the normal experience we expect from our products.

To help you further and to request further information, please check your inbox. A private message has been sent to you.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

ive got no messages in my inbox, thanks

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@MJPMJP They'll ask you for your Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. You'll send it to them and nothing will happen. Look at the thread history. I submitted mine in Jan.

0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

That is not good to hear.  I guess I didn't realize there are different models of the wireless speakers and Soundbar Pro.  Anyway, I hooked my Sony receiver and 5.1 system back up and am using that as my main system in the den for now.  I put the Streambar Pro and wireless sub in my upstairs bedroom and will probably try to sell the wireless speakers or I'll give them to my sister who has a Roku TV.  It's kind of too bad as I wanted this for a cleaner, simpler alternative to a full AVR setup.   I won't be able to provide the order number to them anyway as I bought this from Best Buy probably 2 or 3 years ago.

0 Kudos
Mergy
Reel Rookie

This issue and sense of hopelessness I see throughout this thread with the common and widespread problems made me just take the Sound bar Pro off the wall. It's in the garage. I went forward with a few Audio Pro multi room speakers and am not looking back. I didn't need to do a hack for a Bluetooth source too anymore like I had to do with Roku. 

0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

I'm not so much concerned with getting a replacement as I am just with getting my current one to work well with the wireless speakers.  If I use just the Streambar Pro and wireless sub, I am not getting the issue.  For me, the issue is only happening when I have the wireless speakers connected.  I reconnected my Sony 5.1 AVR system in my den and put the Streambar Pro + wireless sub in my upstairs bedroom.  Just tired of dealing with the issue.  It never happened in the past probably until about late last year (maybe December or January)...  I assume it was just clipping from the movie I was watching, and it is sounding like an update may have broken it.

Have there been any updates on the bug IDs that were provided earlier in the thread?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@mjpeterson29,

Thank you for the follow-up,

We continue to investigate the issue you reported and hope to provide you with a more detailed update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please feel free to share any additional feedback with us.

Best regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

Hello any update on this issue?  Please provide ETA.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@mjpeterson29,

Thank you for following up,

We have forwarded your information to our support team for resolution. Please check your email from time to time for updates. Our support team will provide you with an update.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.