@RokuTakashi @RokuJanadeeK Please provide an update

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku speakers an making cracking and popping sounds

Hi, @PTznic9yet 

Thanks for your inquiring for updates.

Kindly be advised that we have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Please check your inbox since we've reached you from there.

We hope for your further cooperation for us to assist you address your concern.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gman1954
Channel Surfer

will you please provide an update on this issue?  It has been three months since I reported this and over 5 months since noticing the issue.

0 Kudos
EricS13
Reel Rookie

Did you change the settings?  If you play it on "Standard" switch it to a different setting and then back again, it should work.   I've also noticed that it happens on my 32in but not on my 52in roku smart TV.   So I'm not sure, but when it happens and I change my sound mode it fixes immediately 

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@EricS13 I still get the popping sounds even after changing back to standard. I don’t have a Roku TV. My issue is on speakers connected to my Roku streambar pro. Maybe that’s the difference in why it’s not a workaround for me?

0 Kudos
Jbsmooth09
Channel Surfer

Don’t listen to folks with a supposed fix. It’s a software issue. Roku support needs to roll back your software to an older version. 

PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@Jbsmooth09 No one ever claimed it was a fix. It's a workaround until Roku gets their act together. 

0 Kudos
jay573

i am having this problem after whatever update i forced to install this morning may 15th. my roku pro sub woofer makes a popping sound & i have the bass set to 9 & treble set to 9 it starts popping when i have my volume at 4. i have the sub woofer paired with the roku speakers on my 55inch tcl roku tv.  i have done a factory reset on my sub woofer several times & i still have the popping sound. i never had any of these popping sounds before the update & wished to downgrade if possible 

PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@jay573 good luck. I've had the issue for over 6 months. Support here, Roku chat, and at their support phone number are all useless tier one agents. All they can do is "update developers" which obviously goes into a blackhole. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.