Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

Re: Roku speakers an making cracking and popping sounds

@7by24info Your comment doesn’t add any value to this conversation. First, Roku speakers are wireless. Second, everything else you suggested has already been mentioned here to some degree. Third, your response reads like a canned generic response you pulled off Google that has nothing to do with the Roku sound issues that surfaced after a software update. 

Hello,

I’m having the same issue with a similar setup. I have a Roku brand TV, Streambar Pro, slim subwoofer, and 2 wireless speakers. The wireless speakers pop across various apps.

I have a few report tracker IDs and my system software information. Who can I message?

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StopthePopPlz,

Thanks, and welcome here in the Roku Community! 

We understand that you're having issues with the cracking sound of your device.

We believe our Roku engineers are investigating this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When this issue occurs, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We're looking forward to your response so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rtgca613

I am having this same issue with my Roku Streambar Pro and 2 TV Speakers. I recently switched from a TCL Roku TV to an LG C3 about a month ago. When I did I decided to get the Streambar Pro to keep using the Roku TV Speakers I have used for the last couple of years. When I hooked them up to the soundbar, they started popping every few minutes on any source. It doesn't matter if I use an HDMI device like the PS5, the Built-in Web OS, or even the streambar pro directly. This is upsetting because I thought the speakers would work fine just like they did with my old TV.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StopthePopPlz,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We are currently aware of the issue, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details above, posted by @RokuBernie-D, and we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gman1954
Channel Surfer

What is the status on this issue?  Any ETA on when it will be resolved?  I will be making a decision soon on whether to further invest in the ROKU platform with Smart Home products, but I need to be assured that ROKU will fix issues.  This issue is dragging on a LONG time and isn't very encouraging.

0 Kudos
Jason187
Channel Surfer

I will say that it has been going on since Nov of ‘23 for me. I have emailed, questioned here, and vented here as well and nothing but “Robot” responses with no fix. BUT I have noticed a significent decrease in popping since the 13.0 update that just happened. I wish I knew for certain that its fixed though

0 Kudos
Lene79

I am also having the same issue, it has been ongoing for months now. I have checked for updates and my system is fully up to date, I have set bass to 0 and also unplugged from the power supply. Nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Lene79,

Thank you for letting us know. We understand that you're having issues with your Roku speakers making cracking and popping sounds, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.

May we know if you have already performed a reset on your affected device?

If the issue is persistent, please provide us with the following data:

1. Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. Specific channels are affected by the issue.
Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@RokuJanadeeK @RokuJechealR 

I created this post on 01-29-2024. Please provide an update.

0 Kudos