Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote randomly becomes unresponsive

My Roku remote that came with the TCL Roku 50 inch TV randomnly becomes unresponsive. I've read responses to similiar issues but all of those responses were useless. None of the so-called solutions solved anything and all the kudos given were questionable. Resetting the TV was just a waste of time. The batteries are fine and nothing is blocking the path between the remote and the TV.  Sometimes hours will pass before the remote works again and sometimes just 5 or 10 minutes will pass. I know that I can use my phone but my phone's battery shouldn't be depleted because of a faulty remote control. If anyone has some useful advice, please tell me. BTW, pointing to troubleshooting links is not useful. 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote randomly becomes unresponsive

Hi @R0KUremotesukks,

We regret to hear about this and appreciate you for letting us know about this issue with your remote.

Could you share the device serial number where the remote is paired so we can assist you further?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phatmista

I have this exact issue with both my Roku ultra remote and Roku 4k stick remote. The only difference between the two is I was able to pair the ultra remote back every one in a while, but now it just won't. The 4k stick remote works intermittently like yours. Phone app works 100% of the time.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Phatmista @R0KUremotesukks,

I have sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We are reaching out to you to ask for more details about the issue you're having. We'll process a remote replacement for you in order to see if that fixes the issue.

Could you please reply with your mobile phone number as well as your shipping address?

We'll keep an eye on this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.