Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smt91
Reel Rookie

Roku express setup not working

I bought another Roku express for a different tv since I was so happy with the 1st and 2nd.

I’m trying to set it up, I select English, I connect to the wifi. Then it says it needs to update and restart. I select “ok”. It updates and restarts

As it starts back up, it is back at the beginning. I select English, connect to wifi, and again. It says it needs updates and a restart. 

over and over it does this. So I ordered a replacement. And I’m here again, same exact situation.

I’ve tried the reset button, I’ve tried power cycling. 

I hope someone here has some info that I’m missing

thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express setup not working

How are you powering it?  Can you use the same power source (or TV) that worked for the first Express?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Smt91
Reel Rookie

This tv was in my bedroom with a Roku express hooked up, no problems.

I left the bedroom Roku upstairs with the new tv, only because it’s named “master bed” in my app.

it’s powered through the tvs usb port. Same as originally. 

are you thinking that the newer Roku isn’t getting enough power? I can try powering it from the wall

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's always worth trying to power it with a USB power adapter/charger plugged into the wall anytime you have issues with a Roku device.  If it didn't come with one, look for one that has fine print on it that states something like, Output:  5V 1A.

Anything greater than 1A (1000mA) is all right as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LyricLandis
Reel Rookie

Is everything good now?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.