Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waxondk9

Roku express le cats scammed

I bought a Roku express le, just to use one app to watch races. I had tried to mirror/cast two different phones to Blu-ray player, with no luck. So I bought the Roku. Five minutes after creating my Roku account, I got a call from Shazam, that there had been a fraudulent charge on my account from URGMHV. Com for $2.95. i checked the website and it just talks in circles about how customers love their services... I searched online and everything I read that it is a scam streaming service, sounds like I was lucky as some got hit for$35 more than once. Now today I get an email from Norton that my email address i used for Roku was found on the dark web. Anybody else get this? Will it work if I leave the locked/cancelled card number on Roku just so they have a card number on file, as I don't intend to make any purchases, just to use racindirt app and maybe other free apps.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express le cats scammed

You can remove your credit card information if you don't have any active subscriptions through Roku (and possibly if you do; I don't know for sure); you don't have to have a credit card linked to your account.  Whatever happened to you, shouldn't have.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos