Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asudmeier

Re: Roku crashes when I adjust the volume

This just started happening to me, too. I find I can adjust the volume in the roku app on my phone as a workaround, but would rather use my remote!

0 Kudos
JennPalm17
Reel Rookie

-Roku TV brand and model: 8113X TCL model is 40S325
-serial number: YK00AD146519
-device ID: JAA0DA146519
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 buil 4195-48
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button): issue happens all the time. Adjusting the volume, errors back to the home screen. Sometimes when I click on an app it doesn’t even open the app. The apps logo appears like it’s loading and it errors back to the home screen. Any app - it’s happened to every single one.
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: adjusting the volume while watching a show, clicking an app to stream from in the Home Screen, trying to fast forward or rewind while streaming, clicking the back button to browse a new area of An app. It happens when I do almost anything. It I unplug for 30 seconds, after plugging back in it will typically work for that session. But once I turn it off and back on overnight or for an extended period, I’ll have to inevitably unplug again. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @JennPalm17

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have passed along your concern to the appropriate team for further investigation. Once feedback is available, we'll let the Community know.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Atlas66
Reel Rookie

I’m frustrated as **bleep** too… it takes me about an hour to watch a half-hour show bc it keeps crashing and starting over….it Does it with Hulu, Netflix, HBO… and my TV has been doing it for a month now and it’s only 8 months old. It seems to be the remote. I’m regretting buying a Roku tv. This shouldn’t happen to something less than a year old. Interesting to see many others have a similar problem — obviously a glitch with the product. 

0 Kudos
KassCraw4d
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
JennPalm17
Reel Rookie

This was two weeks ago. And I still don’t have a response to what is wrong with my new tv…. 

0 Kudos

We just got a TCL 40" Roku TV, and I noticed that Netflix crashes and returns to the Home page when I try to adjust the volume when watching.  😞

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @JennPalm17

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

This issue is still under investigation and we have submitted the details provided in this thread to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once we got an update regarding this, we'll update this thread. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Butterstick

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? If it's just on Netflix, you can try removing it then add it back in. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KaylaRM

I have a new Hisense Roku tv that crashes when I adjust the volume while I’m watching tv on HBO Max, Hulu, etc. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos