Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlr26

Roku crashes when I adjust the volume

Ive had my JVC Roku since 2019. Recently when I use the app, whatever streaming service I’m on freezes and it goes back to the home screen when I try to adjust the volume. It’s starting to happen with my actual remote now. If I press the volume button, my show freezes and I go right back to the home screen. 

31 REPLIES 31
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku crashes when I adjust the volume

@jlr26

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snydmk

Hello, has there been an update on this issue? My tv does the same.  Whenever I am watching something on multiple streaming apps if I hit the volumn buttons it immediately freezes and then returns to the home page.  It has been doing this every time I try to turn the volumn up while streaming for about a month now.  I also got my tv in fall of 2019

Thank you!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Snydmk

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

We have escalated this issue and it is still under investigation. Once feedback is available, we'll let the Community know immediately.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bumkinas
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem. It works as expected after the tv turns on, but after a show starts or if the tv has been on for a while, everything will crash and tv will restart after trying to volume up.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bumkinas

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KassCraw4d
Reel Rookie

6/19/21

issue ID: 10-244-372

Model: 8113x

serial: yk00DS865110 (jaa04D865110)

software: 10.0.0

build: 4195-48

any channel does this. Turn on tv, open app/channel, select something to watch, adjust volume any way, tv crashes.

I pretty much have to adjust volume at the Home Screen and hope the show I choose isn’t too loud/quiet.

thanks for your help, hope to see a solution. 

0 Kudos
JennPalm17
Reel Rookie

I am also having this same issue. I have to unplug and plug my tv back in daily. Is there a fix for this yet?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JennPalm17

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Breebaby

Mine does the same thing. Super annoying when you just want to turn up the volume the entire thing crashes.