Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frank_TN
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel won’t load

Jump to solution

Checked for software update for the Roku and for the Roku Channel and both are up to date.

Roku TV: 7817X
Westinghouse Model: WR65UX4019
Serial number: YNOOWC4877311
OS Version: 9.4.2 build 4063-AM

Issue only happens with The Roku Channel (Selecting app from Home just briefly displays Roku "splash" screen, then returns to Home screen)
The Roku Channel version: 2.9 build 42

Tracker/Issue ID 11-507-770

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Onn Roku Tv no longer has live tv or Roku channel

Jump to solution

Like many others on this forum my Onn Roku Tv no longer has live tv, roku channel, recommended free, and won't even update my channel favorites or my account for that matter. Mine started doing this last night, after the update. My other streaming devices(Roku of course) are fine. My Tv is around 6 months old, has roku figured out a way to fix this problem or am I stuck with a tv that doesn't have the options I bought it for to have? Any input on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated with the holidays just days away. Thank you, below I will post my tv's specific serial number etc....

Roku tv:  7822x
Onn model:  100012585
serial number YNOON3887594
Device ID: EO59DN887594

0 Kudos
Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel won’t load

Jump to solution

This is false. I did a manual update numerous times and it does not resolve the issue. I have a 50 inch Onn Roku TV and it is less than 3 months old. I did a factory reset twice, did a restart 10 times, spoke to Roku Support through chat, unplugged it and waited 5 minutes and nothing works. Neither the Roku Channel will work, nor will my OTA channels load. All I get is a huge Antenna logo on the screen. This is a software issue and its global and more and more people are reporting it. It's the 3rd day of not being to watch live TV. What are you guys do to address this?

DannyY_67
Channel Surfer

Re: Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

Still have the same issues here. The only resolve I found so far was resetting system and skipping the connecting my network.

Which gave me my locals back, but no Streaming channels.

When I reconnect my network, I get all my streaming channels back, but lose my locals again, and ROKU branded channels still don’t work.

Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Re: Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

That isnt a solution. But I understand. Try using Locast app as a workaround. Roku needs to take this seriously. I contacted Roku Support on yesterday early in the morning and was told this was a high priority and someone from their Support team would be reaching out to me via email and a day later and absolutely crickets. As in no response. At least with Locast if offered in your city, you will get all of your local channels. 

0 Kudos
DannyY_67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh I completely agree! Not a solution at all. Just a work around.

I’m in contact with ONN support currently and they’re going to check with ROKU support to see what can be done.

Like yourself, I have a stand alone streamer (Apple Tv) on my non-smart TV and have no issues at all.

This issue with my ROKU TV smart TV, just started happening to me yesterday.

Unfortunately Locast isn’t offered in my small, rural town; and prior to yesterday, I’ve had no problems at all. I think it was the last software update from ROKU that has things all messed up.

I’m simply a customer like yourself. Not an employee or support member of either company. We’re in this struggle together, and hopefully they resolve this issue for us all soon.

If not I’ll be exercising my warranty and getting my money back. Then I’ll be buying a non smart TV with stand alone steamer to avoid this headache from happening again. I’ve only had this TV since March, and this is not acceptable to me in any kind of way.

Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have had mines only since end of September. I was just telling my girlfriend how great it was for the Roku Live channels to show up in the same guide with my antenna OTA channels and not 5 minutes later my live antenna channels stopped working. If you use the warranty try getting an Amazon Fire TV. They offer similar guide and you can actually talk to a Support rep on the phone and they will give you a ticket number. My request with Roku is in the Black Hole. I haven't heard anything from them and even after following up and its Extremely frustrating.

Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Re: Onn Roku Tv no longer has live tv or Roku channel

Jump to solution

There is no solution I am aware of. I have a 2 month old ONN Roku TV and after whatever update they did to include live Roku Channels, neither my OTA local channels or the Official Roku app will load. Tried a factory reset twice, numerous manual system updates and restart and it doesnt resolve it. More and more people are complaining about this and nothing is being done by Roku to address it. Try using Locast app to get over the air channels if it is supported in your city.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, please make sure that you have checked for a manual update on your Roku TV to see if the issue is resolved. For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model or Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keithlg2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Here are my TV details, but I believe I also posted them in the other post talking about the same issue.

Build: 4063-AT
Software Version: 9.4.2
Serial Number:YN006C263658
(E059D62636358)
Mode: 7822X

0 Kudos