Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjkneese

Roku Channel won’t load

Jump to solution

So the actual Roku Channel won’t load. When I try to load it, it does nothing but puts me back to Home Screen. I also noticed the hints and tips won’t load either. Now everything else does. I have NO issues with apple, Netflix, Hulu, and etc. I can access it on my apple phone no problem. I just can’t get it to work on the tv. 
PS.
I have tried resting tv, taking channel off and on again and my internet is fine!!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel won’t load

Jump to solution
After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Petepaul09

Jump to solution

Having same issues in 50" onn roku tv

0 Kudos
Tamillia83
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel does not work for me

Jump to solution

Mine isn't working either smh. Also my live tv isn't working.

0 Kudos
Frank_TN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem with my 2 week old 65" Westinghouse Roku TV.
Everything was working fine until yesterday, when the Roku channel stopped working.

I've Already tried the following:
Had it check for a software update for both the main Roku OS, and the channel.  Both are up to date.
Removed App, powered off TV, re-installed App.
Removed App, reset network connection (this did a complete re-start), setup network, re-installed App.

Still no go.

I can log into Roku on my PC and play the Roku Channel just fine. The TV shows up as a linked device.

Roku Software Version 9.47.2, build 4063-AM

0 Kudos
DannyY_67
Channel Surfer

Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

Regarding #Local Channels and #Roku Channels on my #ONN ROKU TV

As of this afternoon, all of my local channels and ROKU branded channels have stopped working.

i have performed a complete factory reset and rescanned for local channels. It shows it has found 36 local channels, however, nothing appears except the antenna icon upon clicking on Live TV.

As well, none of my ROKU branded channels are working either (The ROKU Channel, Tips and Tricks, and the 4K channel).

My issue ID is: 57-506-866
model: 7822x -ROKU TV
serial number: YNOOAG306557 (EO59DA306557)
software version: 9.4.2 Build 4063-AT
Timestamp: 2020-12-17T23:46:49Z

Please assist!!
Danny Y 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please make sure that you have checked for a manual update on your Roku TV to see if the issue is resolved. For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model or Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Re: Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Started happening around 10:30-11pm PST last night. Sucks big time its one of the main reasons I bought the TV. I contacted Roku Support through chat at 8AM this morning and they said they would escalate and I would get an email and I haven't received anything. This is not the kind of experience I would expect from a national company like Roku. I have an Amazon Fire Stick and Amazon support will get on the phone and screen share and resolve issues quickly. Almost 24 hours and cant watch local broadcast channels 

0 Kudos
Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming Channels not Launching

Jump to solution

I am having identical issue and it's less than 3 months old. It's too late to return it and Roku Support isnt helpful. I see a bunch of people reporting this issue over a week now and now resolution. My channels show in settings for live TV, but the Roku channel will not load and also the Live TV input will not load. Just shows a big antenna. Did two factory resets, numerous restarts and router resets and nothing helps. This happened after their latest update.

0 Kudos
Wb0wxi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 7822x sn yn002L130006 version9.4.2 build 4063-at

issue Id 06-507-724

ssme issue, Roku and live tv each fail. Started late yesterday 12/17/20

0 Kudos