Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LockS
Reel Rookie

Roku channel does not work on Roku TV

Jump to solution

On my roku TV the roku channel will not open it's been like this for the past few days. I did what people said in the community like restarting and etc but it still didn't work. I dont know if it's because i would use it everyday to watch roku live or because of something else. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please try to perform a manual update on your Roku TV to the latest update and check to see if you are experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
Swoosieque

Suddenly over-the-air doesn't work, neither does the Roku channel

Jump to solution

Everything was fine until this morning when I clicked on the antenna icon for local news. Nothing! Nothing! Nothing!

I removed the antenna input from the system, added it back, scanned for channels, went back to the home screen where I clicked on the antenna icon, only to have NOTHING come up. 

In the Settings area, I can see the list of local channels that were identified and added, BUT, cannot play them!

After researching over the internet (and here) I went to the Roku channel, figuring everything went there... NOPE! Roku channel won't even open up!

Thank God this POS tv is still able to be returned. I will NEVER purchase another Roku product again!

0 Kudos
Nursepres

Re: Streaming Channels not Launching

Jump to solution

I am having a Similar issue with my Onn Roku it wont load the Roku Channel at all..keeps setting ne back to the home screen..I await an adequate fix..I have tried to remove the App and reinstall with absolutely no resolution 

0 Kudos
Mccllen23
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Channels not Launching

Jump to solution

It's strange that I can watch Roku on my Iphone but not on my ONN Roku TV and more strange that this seems to have been going on for months for a lot of people and ROKU has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! I am about ready to return my TV and go with Amazon Fire stick.  I have a meeting with a local news reporter this coming week to discuss this issue and see if maybe they can get the word out to consumers to beware of ROKU'S bait and switch game and not fixing issues.

0 Kudos
ctlancast
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU channel fail to launch on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Following is the response to your questions .   

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
ONN 32" class 720P HD LED ROKU Smart TV

-serial number
G0200172H3A414752

-device ID
LD700H222880

-software OS/version
9.4.2 Build 4063-AN-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

ROKU CHANNEL Version 2.9 Build 42

-tracker ID 
When I click into ROKU app it takes me back to Home Screen. There is no Tracker id 

-is the issue you are experiencing from Live TV input or in The Roku Channel
The ROKU Channel is not launching.

0 Kudos
art33
Binge Watcher

The Roku Channel Broken

Jump to solution

The Roku channel is broken.  I have tried to watch several different movies that appear as options on the Roku Channel and they won't load  I click on play, it says it is retrieving the movie and then it just sits there and plays dead.  It doesn't load the movie, doesn't say there is a problem, doesn't go back to the main menu, just pretends it is retrieving a movie that it is never going to load. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Suddenly over-the-air doesn't work, neither does the Roku channel

Jump to solution

@Swoosieque @Mccllen23 @Nursepres @art33 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomsAuto
Reel Rookie

Roku App not loading

Jump to solution

I tried to find an answer, but got lost in everything.  We have an Onn Roku TV from Walmart.  Worked great, then the Roku app just will not load. Tired removing, and restarting system and adding Roku app back on, did a factory reset also.

When you click on the Roku app, it just goes right back to the startup screen

The other apps seem to all be working fine.

0 Kudos
vweeden

Re: Roku App not loading

Jump to solution

Unable to load Roku channel or Disney +.   Worked great till yesterday 

0 Kudos
Geraldisc

Re: Roku App not loading

Jump to solution

Same issue here

0 Kudos