Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhagal92

Roku box connect to roku tv for better stream quality?

Hey all! For context, I live with my parents and in my room I have a rokutv (hisense), it’s located in the far corner of the house, and the wifi isn’t fantastic outside of my room. I was considering getting a roku box for my parents in the living room, which is located at the opposite end of the house. However, I am concerned about if it will be able to connect to the wifi and stream properly.

I think what I can do is connect my roku tv via ethernet. My reasoning is that since apparently the roku devices can connect to each other (is this possible in terms of roku box to roku tv?) that MAYBE it will provide a better stream quality?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DrChemBurn
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku box connect to roku tv for better stream quality?

Hello bhagal92,

Where is your router located in your home?  Connecting your Roku devices through ethernet would be a great solution, but can present challenges if you have to run long lengths of ethernet throughout the house.  I would recommend an option that has worked wonderfully for me: Use a pair of powerline adaptors to connect your streaming device directly to your router using your home's electrical wiring.  These can be picked up fairly inexpensively at any major electronics store (ie. Microcenter) or on Amazon.

If that doesn't sound like a good option, you could also try setting up a Wi-Fi access point (or extender) in-between your router and the living room in order to boost/extend your wireless signal.

I hope that this helps.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Roku Streaming Stick 4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere +, Insignia Roku TV
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @bhagal92

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from your internet service provider to check if you have the wireless capability that could supply data fast enough to access and stream media content from Roku.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@bhagal92 wrote:

My reasoning is that since apparently the roku devices can connect to each other (is this possible in terms of roku box to roku tv?) that MAYBE it will provide a better stream quality?

I'm not real sure what you're asking here, but when people say that you can connect a Roku box to a Roku TV they mean via an HDMI cable.  The Roku box is just like any other device (e.g., Blu-ray player) that you'd connect to a Roku TV.  There's no network connection (wired or wireless) between the box and the TV.

Obviously a wired network connection alleviates any Wi-Fi issues, so if you can get an Ethernet cable to your TV or the Ultra on your parent's TV that's the way to go.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos