Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku add a freaking Internet web browser

Why does Roku not have an internet browser. This is absolutely retarded. I spent over $600 on a TV. That was advertised as a smart TV and you can't search the Internet.

How stupid  If I would've known that this feature was not available on the TV. I never would have bought it. To the manufacturers and programmers for roku Please do yourself a favor and add theability buddy to browse using Google Microsoft edge opera. Or any browser app would be greatly appreciate it rather than all these useless garbage apps for streaming.  Please, don't thank you. It's an app the TV loaded with apps. Create one, put it in the next update. Move on up in the world and start bettering your product, thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
nonet

Re: Roku add a freaking Internet web browser

I agree entirely, looked in vain for a browser only to find nothing, shame on you JVC. { I believe JVC was originally Japanese Victor Company and Im sure its founders, if they were not already dead would have been appalled at this situation}. 

[

3vy-

I completely agree. Please add one in it would make it much easier as I would not need to switch devices when needing to search for something that will be played on the Roku anyways.

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Why not contact the developers of Chrome, Opera, or Firefox and ask that they try to develop one for the Roku platform.   Please realize that the Roku OS is not Android,  it may be based on Linux (I don't remember), but what is available to developers is a scripting language, not a compiled language.

That said - you could 'cast' or screen mirror your phone to the TV and search on your phone while viewing the screen on the TV, as an interim solution

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@Tim_Hare @CanadaGuy1978 @3vy- @nonet 

Tim you obviously know how easy internet access is on a Roku. I forgot which one started this thread but dude if the internets is so critical you should know how to “cast” from your smart phone to your Roku. It’s honestly the fastest way to browse the internet too using your phone instead of a TV remote. Also, if you think I’m ripping on you. I’m just mirroring the how your post sounded and made me want to respond. Also, dude, if it’s that important do you homework. You could have found out all the interests functions Roku has or doesn’t in the time it took to write that post. So in closing don’t be angry at Roku be angry at yourself and also do some self reflecting in general. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😤🤫🤧

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@CanadaGuy1978 @Tim_Hare @nonet @nonet 

also, Roku was first on the scene and it’s operating system  hands down crushes anything I’ve seen have you used Google Smart TV is garbage. 

i’ll stop there hopefully you can restrain yourself not respond

0 Kudos
ScottJB9276
Reel Rookie

Sorry @Dfresh567 , but for one, your last post is a bit garbled...

Second, not all Roku TVs do well with casting, it seems.

My Roky does not like to show up when try to connect with anything, so I for one would really like to see more internet apps for Roku. After all, they are supposed to be smart devices, with internet, so why not the basics, like a web browser?

0 Kudos