Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Wireless Speakers in Surround setup with Roku soundbar not loud enough

Honestly the near total price of $500 in my opinion isn't worth it, wish I had done more research prior to buying. Knowing what I know now, I'd recommend a Nvidia Shield Pro as a streaming device and a quality known soundbar, subwoofer and rear speakers surround setup like Samsung, Nakamichi, LG, Vizio....

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

I honestly haven't noticed any delay at all with audio coming from both the soundbar and rear speakers. 

JC12
Roku Guru

Akarkar, so do you like it? Is the surround finally good? Thanks!

akakar4858
Streaming Star

I'd give it a 7/10 in terms of do I like it, having said that I've heard much better systems with the exact same setup. Yes, it is surround and I'll admit the different sound levels for the rear surround speakers are well done. I have my surround speakers set to the 2nd highest loudness and can definitely hear sound that's intended to be surround (background noise). I can definitely hear the rear speakers from 3-4 feet away. 

Like, I've previously said though, I wish I had done more research prior to buying and knowing what I know now I wouldn't buy this again or initially. Basically, if I could go back in time and give myself advice I'd tell myself not to get this. 

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Also, want to emphasize another point this Roku setup is NOT 5.1 full surround instead its 4.1 surround. The smart soundbar itself is NOT 3.0 where it has 3 individual channels (Left, Right and Center). Instead it is 2.0 stereo soundbar (Left Total and Right Total). I have put in this upgrade request to Roku in a different forum to no avail! 

mcgooze
Streaming Star

The surround level options have suddenly qualified this as a surround setup, whereas before the 9.4 update, it was a marketing lie. As for whether I can recommend it? Sure- I'm not aware of a wireless surround setup in this price range. You get what you pay for. A Sonos or Bose system will sound vastly superior and its price tag will reflect that. At some point I will likely upgrade to one of those systems and relegate the Roku system to my bedroom TV. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the surround experience from the Roku.

akakar4858
Streaming Star

I 100% agree with mcgooze here, you will not find a surround setup that's also a 4K HDR10 (no Dolby Vision) streaming device for this price of ~$500.

The Vizio setup (~$500) has a much better Dolby Atmos soundbar and is actually a 3.0 soundbar vs 2.0 stereo soundbar Roku has. It also comes with a wireless subwoofer and 2 wired rear speakers which you connect to the wireless subwoofer, I have this setup in another room and it sounds 10x better! But, it doesn't come with a streaming device. So you either use your TV's smart platform or buy a separate streaming device, which is what I did and went with a Nvidia Shield Pro (~$200). 

0 Kudos
riktuin
Channel Surfer

I did finally order the wireless speakers so that I could complete the wireless setup. They arrived two days ago and I have to say that I’m fairly impressed so far. I switched the level for the wireless back speakers to loudest and they definitely have a kick now.

0 Kudos
snowshoeNH

The problem with the recommendation to "setting Enhanced Stereo mode to 'music' will produce stereo sound from all speakers" is that the choice to set some channels/shows to "music" is not an option. 

0 Kudos
Pfftfelipe
Channel Surfer

@mcgooze hey, did you ever hear back from them on this? 

0 Kudos