cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sphorning
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra stops working when using Bose sound bar

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra 4801RW, and a Samsung TV which were working great together. I now added a Bose soundbar and now my TV turns itself ON about 30 seconds after I turn it off. I spent hours with the Bose people who now point fingers at the Roku causing the problem. The only way to keep the TV from turning itself ON is to unplug either the Roku or the Bose soundbar. Somehow those two are talking to each other and turning ON the TV! Any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra stops working when using Bose sound bar

Jump to solution

Hello! @sphorning,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Ultra not working when using the Bose sound bar. We're pleased to assist.

You can disable the one-touch play feature on your Roku Ultra.

When enabled, a feature called 1-touch play tells your TV to automatically switch its active source/input to your Roku player when any button on your Roku remote is pressed. Open the Settings menu and enable 1-touch play using the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Control Other devices
  5. Uncheck the box next to the 1-touch play

Please see here for more detailed information on how to disable auto power savings on your Roku streaming player.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @sphorning,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Ultra not working when using the Bose sound bar. We're pleased to assist.

You can disable the one-touch play feature on your Roku Ultra.

When enabled, a feature called 1-touch play tells your TV to automatically switch its active source/input to your Roku player when any button on your Roku remote is pressed. Open the Settings menu and enable 1-touch play using the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Control Other devices
  5. Uncheck the box next to the 1-touch play

Please see here for more detailed information on how to disable auto power savings on your Roku streaming player.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sphorning
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I have tried unchecking the box next to 1-touch play and the TV still automatically comes on by itself.

0 Kudos
sphorning
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have also unchecked the box for auto power savings.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@sphorning,

Thanks for the update,

This sounds like the soundbar is causing the issue. If one-touch play is off, the TV will not be getting the turn-on signal from the Roku. You may want to check the settings on the soundbar or Samsung TV.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.