Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conniem1979
Channel Surfer

Roku TV’s kicking me out of streaming channels and back to Home Screen.

I did see a few posts that touched on this subject, but nothing that helped me. 

This has been a gradual process, with one TV that would do it pretty rarely. Then it became more often, then it started happening with other TV’s. I have 4 Roku TV’s in my house, 3 different brands. I have removed the app(s) and reinstalled them. I have checked for updates. I did a factory reset on one of my TV’s to see if it worked, before I did all 4 of them, and it did not. My Wi-Fi is great.

My 3 year old was set on watching one show, and one show only this morning. I literally was kicked out of Disney+ over 10 times. The only way I got it to work (for now), was to fast forward it a few minutes as soon as I pulled it up and it started playing. It will most likely kick out of Disney when the next episode starts. It kicked me out of Prime so many times last night that I gave up and turned it off.  This is becoming so annoying. What is the problem???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV’s kicking me out of streaming channels and back to Home Screen.

Hi! @Conniem1979,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information:

• Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?
  • Are the other Roku devices experiencing the same playback issue?
  • Did you perform a system restart after removing the channel before adding it back again by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart?

Please keep us posted what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

We are having the same issues with a TLC TV kicking us out of Netflix and sending us back to home screen. Sometimes it is right as we start a show and other times it is in the middle of a show. 

We just lost Netflix programming and started using our Amazon prime account and now that keeps closing more often!! 

Roku, what are you going to do about this?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TeacherByDay84,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this issue about your streaming experience to our attention. We've got some steps that you can try here. Follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Also, try to connect your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the problem persists.

If you still need a hand, let us know so that we can work on additional troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos