Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palladini
Channel Surfer

Roku TV does display computer hooked to it

Jump to solution

I have a Laptop Computer hooked to my new Roku TV ( We have had it less than week now) and it is hooked via HDMI cable to a HDMI port right in the back of the TV. It is displaying something from the computer, but not the screen the laptop sees. I made a video and here it is -

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV does display computer hooked to it

Jump to solution

You've added a display to your laptop, so now you have two. You could drag things from one screen to the other or go into the display settings on your laptop to change what happens when you add another display. It's really not a Roku issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

You've added a display to your laptop, so now you have two. You could drag things from one screen to the other or go into the display settings on your laptop to change what happens when you add another display. It's really not a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Palladini
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the computer hooked to our old TV and it displayed perfectly, I do not think this is a computer issue, I think it is the way this Roku TV displays it. And I wen to settings on the TV and every setting I tried did nothing to fix it

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Can you drag a window from your laptop display to the TV screen? If so, it's not a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Palladini
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, you are right, I had go to display settings on the Laptop, and set the screen size to the propper size

0 Kudos