Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

Re: Volume increase or decrease by multiples of 3 only

Jump to solution

Nope, no workey, unfortunately, this is a bug /oversight in the built in functionality of the TV set when using a soundbar system. Which in my opinion is the dumbest most obvious thing to overlook.  It completely eliminates the ability to fine tune the volume level, you either get super loud, or unable to hear levels.

Ain't nothin To it But To Do it
Jmontalvo77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ya, the battery ‘trick’ did not work at all either. It’s a shame. The soundbar remote works by 2 increments, so a little better. But the Roku remote that handles Everything should be able to keep volume levels normal. 
It worked just fine when I had my previous soundbar connected, but upgraded to a better soundbar system and now it’s too loud or too soft. 

jasongrimme
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

everyone should contact TCL support, the more complaints the more attention this will receive

0 Kudos
jerryj39
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Send your message here:

Ask a Question (custhelp.com)

0 Kudos
jerryj39
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update, went back to 3 after restart

0 Kudos
Jmontalvo77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I wanted to send an update on what worked for me. Turns out a firmware update for my Vizio 5.1 soundbar did the trick. The system was on version 2.0.1.6, but have now updated to 2.0.3.0 and it works much better. Now my Roku remote follows the Vizio remote with the volume going up in increments of 2. I can deal with that. 

So I would look to your soundbar support page and look to upgrade your firmware. 

0 Kudos
SChoir

Jump to solution

I just received my new Roku TCL TV that I purchased a few weeks ago. I also bought the recommended sound bar with it. When the sound bar is plugged in, the TV increases and decreases by 3. When the sound bar is unplugged the increments is at 1. I would like more control with my sound bar.

Any help for this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jasongrimme
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

some updates, I've been working w/ TCL on this.  They've had me factory reset things, try different HDMI cables, etc.  If I use the optical cable I have much more incremental control of the sound, but obviously have to use the soundbar remote and do not have that visual feedback/gauge on the screen.  Pretty useless for me.  If I can't use HDMI-ARC with a TV/Soundbar combo, it's useless to me.  Once I find a brand/combo that works for me, I stick with it as I add/replace the (obnoxious) amount of TVs in my house because I want a consistent, dependable experience from room to room.  If TCL/Roku doesn't work for this fairly simple and I think significant requirement, it's just not usable for me.

0 Kudos
ScottD84

Jump to solution

I have an HDMI-ARC extractor/DAC (CEC compatible). Works great except volume increments are by 5! Related bug I'm sure. 

0 Kudos
jasongrimme
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

everyone please try to reach out to TCL support as much as you can - my case keeps bouncing back and forth between customer service and engineering, but if they can get more reports of it, perhaps it'll get more traction.

My ticket number with TCL is US11202116258.  Maybe if more of us share we can go to social media with our collective issue and apply some pressure, who knows.  I just know it's really frustrating to buy something that's supposed to be highly compatible, in fact recommended by the manufacturer for it's tight integration, and you can't select a comfortable volume to listen.