Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeroGravityFire
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Ethernet connection?

Nvm I got it!  Did a factory reset, signed into my Wi-Fi network, signed back into my Roku account, ran through all the updates, and it picked up my wired connection automatically. I verified this through network connection settings. So happy! I’ve had this TV for 5 years and it’s been so ridiculously slow it’s impossible to watch anything. Finally useable!

0 Kudos
mikevio16
Reel Rookie

Just want to be sure I’m reading this correctly. The USB adapter will eork on the TCL Roku TV? I have a TCL 40S325 but with no ethernet port and no wifi access. Also, should i do a factory reset to get it going? Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
ZeroGravityFire
Reel Rookie

@mikevio16  Yes, it does work, specifically with the Plugable USB 2.0 to Ethernet adaptor. You are supposed to just be able to do a system restart and it will pick it up. But if that doesn’t work, the factory reset worked for me.  Every once in a while, I have to do a system restart again for it to pick it up. But not very often. I would say 1 in 10 times that I turn on the TV I have to do that.

0 Kudos
mikevio16
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much for your reply! Just ordered the adapter...,

0 Kudos
rdpinn

If your TV has usb 2.0 it will be worse than the wireless connection, tried it on my model 32S327 and it kept freezing then restarting the tv.  And that is with dsl at 60mbps bandwidth.

0 Kudos