Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeroGravityFire
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Ethernet connection?

Nvm I got it!  Did a factory reset, signed into my Wi-Fi network, signed back into my Roku account, ran through all the updates, and it picked up my wired connection automatically. I verified this through network connection settings. So happy! I’ve had this TV for 5 years and it’s been so ridiculously slow it’s impossible to watch anything. Finally useable!

0 Kudos
mikevio16
Level 8

Just want to be sure I’m reading this correctly. The USB adapter will eork on the TCL Roku TV? I have a TCL 40S325 but with no ethernet port and no wifi access. Also, should i do a factory reset to get it going? Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
ZeroGravityFire
Level 7

@mikevio16  Yes, it does work, specifically with the Plugable USB 2.0 to Ethernet adaptor. You are supposed to just be able to do a system restart and it will pick it up. But if that doesn’t work, the factory reset worked for me.  Every once in a while, I have to do a system restart again for it to pick it up. But not very often. I would say 1 in 10 times that I turn on the TV I have to do that.

0 Kudos
mikevio16
Level 8

Thanks so much for your reply! Just ordered the adapter...,

0 Kudos