Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taurus17

Roku TV 55 inch screen black sound is on

Screen went black this morning while watching live TV.  Sound continued to work.  I tried the reset button but that didn't work. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV 55 inch screen black sound is on

Hi @Taurus17,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting and we'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Can you please verify if the issue only occurs on Live TV or all channels on your Roku device?

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes and then plugging the Roku TV back in resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stefphobic
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV 55 inch screen black sound is on

The same thing happened to me. I talked to Roku support and TCL and they said there is nothing they can do. I did a hard reset, left unplugged over night, both multiple times. Nothing worked. They told me to file an insurance claim. If yours fixes please post here if you could! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.