Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dacz8976
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Same issue exactly. Spoke to Roku customer service and their only suggestion was switching the WiFi to 2.4 ghz. That did nothing and I have reset everything I can and messed with every setting. Mine started doing it around the same time as you and it’s clearly roku’s fault, but they keep blaming my internet. I have 3 Roku tvs and the two older ones are completely fine. Only the newest one with the best WiFi connection has the problem and it’s super annoying to have to restart it every time I want to use it. 

0 Kudos
Semag
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

I have the same thing but it started with the OS 13 update. It’s disconnected every time it starts up after being off for a while and gets stuck on the “wireless scan” unless you reset the network or “power -> system restart”

0 Kudos
Semag
Reel Rookie

I have the same thing but it started with the OS 13 update. It’s disconnected every time it starts up after being off for a while and gets stuck on the “wireless scan” unless you reset the network or “power -> system restart”

0 Kudos
Dacz8976
Channel Surfer

Yep and Roku will just keep making you jump through hoops when it’s clearly a problem with the software update and they just need to fix the bug…

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We've received reports that some Roku TV users are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network after a recent OS update.

This issue is currently being investigated.

Please provide the following information for further assistance.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • Who is your internet service provider (ISP) and what is the make and model of your router?

We appreciate your cooperation and are committed to finding a solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku TV is not connecting to the WiFi after being turned off and on. We are ready to assist and provide further information regarding this issue.

Here are some steps you might want to consider regarding this issue.

Check your network connection:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Check connection
  • Tip: If a more robust wireless signal is detected, you will see an on-screen message suggesting you connect to a recommended network. You will be prompted to enter one of the recommended networks that require a different password.

For reference, you may check our support article dedicated to this: 

If the steps above do not work, please provide the following for further investigation.

• Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Semag
Reel Rookie

Thank you Jharra!

I’m confident this is a Roku induced issue with the newest OS version because it started happening with no other changes in environment. My Roku streaming stick works fine but the TCL TV drops WiFi signal once it has been sleeping and will not connect upon awake. If you try to “check connection” or “set up connection” it will just spin constantly. Need to reset the system or reset network to bring it back

ive tried to set up a dedicated 5ghz network for the TV but that didn’t work. I may try a dedicated 2.4ghz next but I don’t really want to keep it that way.

Issue report tracker

Model: 7121X - Roku TV

Serial number: YS009P886737 (FW2899886737)

Software version: 13.0.0 • build 24062-30

GC version: 118.15

Timestamp: 2024-07-0617:47:272

Please use issue ID 37-270-347 to report the current issue.

ISP is frontier fiber and WiFi is provided by three Calix Gigaspire Blast mesh satellites. I can provide WiFi chipset and firmware on the satellites if you would like.

0 Kudos
TiTi_21
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

Roku Device Model- TCL Model 32S301-W

Serial Number- 2N003M025974

Device ID- AM4723025974

OS Version- 13.0.0 Build 24062-08

GC Version: 11.8.15

Tracker ID/Issue ID- 74-270-378

Internet service provider: Spectrum

Make and Model of router: TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router 

0 Kudos
TiTi_21
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuJharra-Q 

Roku Device Model- TCL Model 32S301-W

Serial Number- 2N003M025974

Device ID- AM4723025974

OS Version- 13.0.0 Build 24062-08

GC Version: 11.8.15

Tracker ID/Issue ID- 74-270-378

Internet service provider: Spectrum

Make and Model of router: TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router

0 Kudos
TiTi_21
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuJharra-Q 

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connectionRe: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.